The winter is coming……And it’s a great time to snuggle in with your tater tots and dig in for some movie time. Every kid is created different hence most will like different kinds of movies. We have listed 15 of our favourites.
- Finding Nemo : A bumbling father, a dangerously curious kid go off on a wild adventure. Are we still talking about fish ?
- How the Grinch stole Christmas : Your kids are surely going to love Jim Carey when they grow up. What better introduction to the comedy legend than this ? Make a date for the 25 and remember to make the cocoa hot and the busy cozy.
- Happy Feat : Some kids stand out and have the best of everyone’s attention while some kids (like me) end up feeling a left out. If your kid is feeling down in the dumps, put this on and them feel mesmerised and believe that everything is special.
- Pinocchio: A classic tale, you can read your kids the book before showing them the movie so they know the concept beforehand and can therefore focus on the movie’s peculiarities. Also a great tool to teach your little one about the danger of lying.
- Inside Out: Emotions are hard; and in this movie, they have faces, bodies and voices that sound like famous actors!!! Watch with kids a bit more mature and you will both learn about how things keep changing and how that is a wonderful part of your journey as parent and child.
- Harry Potter Series: Flying broomsticks, endless chocolates and a wizard who must not be named….The Harry Potter Universe is almost as detailed and complex as the real one. As a kid, I remember humming the soundtrack long after the movie ended and I recommend we all give our kids the same chance.
- Home Alone: A classic for the ages. It’s amazing how this movie is a part of our collective consciousness. I don’t know anyone who has not seen this holiday humdinger and for good reason.
- Lion King : Hakuna Matata…..Need we say more?
- My dog Skip: A personal favourite, this movie introduced a young me to the wonderful world of having your own dog. maybe avoid it if you have a “I want a doggie!!” problem but otherwise this is an absolute gem.
- E.T: Evryone wants a alien friend and after this Spielberg visual extravaganza, your little one is bound to feel the same.
- Charlie Chaplin : The Kid : Charlie Chaplin and an abandoned baby. What could go wrong ??
- Charlie and the Chocolate factory: Willy wonky and Oompa Loompas. The Oompa Loompa song. A factory full of crazy candy. All this and more…
- Yellow submarine : What better way to introduce the best band of all time than this Beetles venture. The music is amazing, and I guarantee that your kids will be amazed.
- The Incredibles : This super family is sure to make it a super afternoon on grey, rainy day.
- The chronicles of Narnia : The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe : Le toyur kids engage and discover their creative side in this mesmerising and epic tale of four siblings who cannot and will not be kept apart. A great way to reduce turmoils and increase unity in your hyperactive clan of little monsters.
If you want to add your own recommendations, let us know in the comments.