We have no doubt about the fact that India is beautiful. Starting from the great Himalayas in the north to the beautiful shimmering coastline of the Indian Ocean in the south. And from the Gulf of Kutch in the west to the roaring shores of Bay of Bengal in the east. One can have countless family destinations in winter, summer and spring. Your kids always need something new to expend their energies on. Here are some destinations in India that you can take your family during winters.
- Srinagar : There’s no doubt about the fact that Kashmir is the heaven on earth. Kashmir is one of the favourite holiday spots for families. Srinagar is the capital city. It’s rich in nature,the people love hospitality and you get to experience snow. Don’t forget to see the Dal lake, Shalimar Bagh, Tulip Garden, Pari Mahal and Chashme Shahi.
Best time to visit : April to October
- Jaipur : Fondly known as the Pink city of Rajasthan, its one the best winter destinations for families of all kinds. It’s a city full of architectural marvels, palaces and forts, well groomed gardens and beautiful museums and courtyards. Don’t forget to see the Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal , Jaigarh, Albert Hall. Enjoy the elephant rides, boat at the man sagar lake and more.
Best time to visit : November to February
- Nainital : A beautiful small town situated around the shimmering lake Nainital. There are a lot of fun things to do there like the cable car ride, boating at the lake, ropeway ride to snow view, bird watching and more. Don’t forget to see the Nainital Zoo, Naini Peak, Cave Garden, Hanuman Garhi among others.
Best time to visit : September to November
- Darjeeling : A town in West Bengal that offers stunning view of the Mount Kanchenjunga in the background. It’s one of the top choice for kids and couple holidays. Don’t forget to see the Himalayan Zoological Park, Peace Pagoda, Rock garden, Batasia Loop, Samsung and more. The kids can enjoy the toy train of Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, camp at the Tiger Hills among other things.
Best time to visit : October to March
- Shimla : Shimla, the capital Himachal Pradesh served as the summer capital during the British Era. It’s a well known family retreat for Indians. Relishing the charms of the toy train along with shopping at Mall Road are some of the best things to do in Shimla. Don’t forget to see the ridge, Rashtrapati Niwas, Shimla heritage museum, Jakhoo temple and the Christ church after Johnnie’s was museum.
Best time to visit : July to October
- Ooty : Ooty is the queen of the Blue mountains in southern India. It’s one of the most popular hill stations in the country. Don’t forget to see the Pykara lake, Botanical Garden, Boat house, Rose Garden, Doddabetta viewpoint, St Stephen’s church and more. Kids will enjoy taking the toy train from Mettupalayam to Ooty, boating in the lake, camping at Avalanche lake.
Best time to visit : October to June
- Coorg : A hill station in Karnataka, full of lush green coffee plantations, the gothic style churches, the cascading waterfalls and ancient forts. It’s popularly known as Kodagu locally. It’s undoubtedly one of the best holiday destinations in India. Don’t forget to see the Abbey Falls, Nisargadharma, Irupu falls, Pushpagiri, Sri Omekareshwaram temple. Kids will love the jungle safari at Nagarhole national park and the musical fountains at the Raja’s seat among others.
Best time to visit : October to March.
The holidays will soon be here, so if you haven’t thought of a place yet browse through our articles and share your thoughts.
Make each moment count with your lovely family !!