Things to do for the assessment of incident scene –
- Vehicle shall be moved to safe area if possible, ignition shall be switched off, handbrake shall be pulled and if the vehicle has LPG tube, valve shall be closed,
- Scene shall be marked in a visible way by using the triangle reflector, etc..
- Curious people shall be kept away from the scene.
- Smoking shall not be allowed to avoid the risk of a possible explosion and fire at the scene,
- In case of gas leaking, necessary prevention shall be taken to avoid poisoning.
- The scene shall be ventilated.
- Any kind of lightning or call bleep which may cause spark shall not be used.
- Sick/wounded shall not be moved.
- Sick/wounded shall be checked in terms of vital signs (A, B, C).
- Sick/wounded shall be evaluated in terms of fracture and bleeding.
- If sick/wounded is unconscious, anything oral shall not be given.
- Sick/wounded shall be kept warm.
- Medical assistance shall be called.
- Sick/wounded shall be taken care with gentle and tolerant, anxiety shall be eliminated.
- Sick/wounded shall be prevented from seeing her/his own wound.
- Information about sick/wounded and scene should be recorded,.
- Shall wait on the scene until medical assistance arrives.