I once asked my mother, “What was the first word that I uttered, mom?” With a blush, my mom answered, “Ma”. I am sure that I do not need to tell what my first word means. We all know it means my mom. God has blessed all of us with our mothers. In fact, if you can think of a figure who can be as close to the Almighty, it will undoubtedly be our mothers.
If we feel proud of who and what we are today, then I guess the full credit would go to our moms. Without that 9 months of care and affection, I would not have seen the light of this beautiful world.
Why are mothers so important?
Many would laugh at this! But this question is just to remind myself of all the pains that my mom took to bring me up well. My healthy body, good morals, education and many more that make me, are contributed by my mother. Mothers are so important because:
- She would know that I am in pain before I could express it.
- She would understand that I need her the most now, and she would be just standing by.
- She would pray for my good health all the time.
- She would laugh out loud at all my stupid jokes, which otherwise meant nothing to anyone.
- She would shed a tear at all my minor injuries sustained during play.
- She would hide her tension to support me always.
I bet this will continue for pages!
A Mother’s Material
Mine and all of your mothers are made up of something unique. A mother is an amalgamation of many metals. This is evident because my mother could sacrifice a lot from her wallet to make mine thicker. Her sacrifices and compromises for the family had no boundaries. At any given time, my mother was the first to take lead and sacrifice for the family.
This isn’t possible by any character other than a Mother.
A Mother’s Sacrifice
I cannot count my mother’s sacrifices but I sure can remind myself of most of that. And, they are similar for all of us.
- My mom has never given up on me. No matter how pathetic I would have behaved. She stood by me always.
- For my mom, I was always the top priority. Yes! Even before her hunger and sleep. She would always ensure that I am doing fine.
- My mom has never complained of “her” time. She sacrificed “her” time in making me what I am today.
- My mom has sacrificed her beloved career for my wellbeing. Educated well enough, my mother hung up her dreams and aspirations at a certain phase. Because I was the priority.
- My mom had all rights on me, but, still went on to render me the freedom to be myself and do things that I wanted to do.
- She always believed in me, my dreams and aspirations. If I failed, she would never criticize and ask me to move on and focus on the next. One advice that will stay with me forever.
Present day, being a mom to an 18-month old, I revisit so much of my mom. I wish to be like her! She is my inspiration. She has not given up on me and even now, I am still her little one.
A mother is indescribable, and it is not about only one day in a year. Mother’s Day is a feeling that should run every day. A mother never stops being a mother to you, she is an incredible character.
Happy Mother’s Day.