Winter isn’t coming anymore, it’s here!
The days are shorter the nights are longer and Santa is getting ready to come to town again. Traveling in the vacation time in winters is always special. However like everything ends in life winter comes with its own unique set of pleasures and problems.
So whether you’re planning a single day trip or a weeklong trip here are some things you can keep in mind.
- Layers, layers, layers : Travelling on the road is often crucial as there is a lot of exposure to hilly winds in the car. Make sure you pack enough cold weather clothes like socks,jackets,gloves,scarves and extra thick wooly sweaters. Also keep some emergency blankets and shawls. You never know when you might need them.
- Prevention is the cure: Don’t forget your first aid kit . Keep tons of band aids, cotton and a lot of cough syrup. Don’t forget thermometers, hand sanitizers, lip balms (lips tend to crack in the winter) and that trusty bottle of sunscreen. The winter sun can be very harsh on the skin.
- Keep your planner handy: We all like to buy beautiful items of stationary. Well honey, it’s also there because it serves a purpose. Travelling with kids,especially in winter comes with a lot of complicated scenarios like managing pee breaks and hunger pangs while also trying to keep the trip on schedule. So make sure you’re well prepared with all your plans and contingencies in place.
- Think like a Masai : Masai warriors are famous for waking up ready for action. Parents should be no less however efficient your plans there are bound to be last minute hiccups, mid night fevers and those traffic jams because your kid had to go potty just as you were about to leave the house. So be prepared to think fast and act faster.
- The holiday spirit : We know there is work to do but it is a vacation after all. Have loads of tasty hot food straight from the cafe kitchen or restaurants. Winter are a great time to indulge your sweet tooth so try all the different local varieties of sweets. Let your kid go crazy over that flask of hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows.
Could we have added more points? Share your ideas in the comments. Winter with kids